The correction Department Central Hospital is a medical facility within Klong Prem Central prison. The hospital was established in 1974
Duty and responsibilities of the Correction Department Central Hospital:
1. The hospital has the responsibility of giving medical treament and diagnostic service to prisoners held within Thailand's prison system
2. Hospital has the responsibility of giving medical care to the Correction Department's staff and member of the public at the outside facility in Chun Chom Arcade
The Corrections Department will allow relatives to visit prisoner who are staying in hospital.In the event that the prisoner is not able to come out to the visit room, the relatives will be allowed to come in to the hospital area. This permission will be granted on a case by case basis at the discretion of the Prison doctor.
All visitor must comply with the following regulations:
1. Visitors must wear polite clothing. Males must wear long trousers and females may wear skirts not shorter than knee length.
2. Visitors must not be drunk and carry any prohibited material into the prison.
3. Visitors must show some official form of identification.
4. Visitors must collect a visit card and wait for their visit round.
No visit will be granted to anyone who falls under any of the following:
1. The Authorities have reason to believe that if permission to visit (or contact) the prisoner is given, it may cause an incident.
2. The person is dresses inappropriately, unusally or who is not clean and tidy.
3. They have no connection with the prisoner or if they are not related.
4. If they display bad manners
5. If they are ex-prisoners, released less than six mouths previously.
The prison officials have a legal right to refuse entry to, or remove from the premises, any person who does not have permission to visit or contact a prisoner or those who have oermission but break the rules
How to fill prisoner's prescriptions
Klong Prem Central prison and the hospital do not allow medicine to be brought into the prison unless the prescription is written by a Doctor from the prison hospital. If you wish to fill a prescription on behalf of a prisoner you must follow these directions:
1. The prisoner recedes his prescription from the Klong Prem doctor and sends it to his relatives.
2. The prisoner's relatives bring the perscription to the outside facility in Chum Chom Arcade or any drug store.
3. In the event that the prisoner's relatives purchase the medicine at an outside drugs store, they must bring it with the prescription to the Hospital's officer at the outside facility at Chun Chom Arcade.
To protect against the smuggling of prohibited articles, the prison has no provision for accepting things left by visitors. However, the prison has a shop where approved items may be purchased for the prisoners at reasonable prices. These goods will be handed to the prisoner the same day. Exceptions to this arrangement include items of clothing or articles that the prison does not sell.
Prisoners who have relations living in the Bangkok area can make a request for articles to be left at visit area. Once this make a request has been granted the prisoner must send the request, or by letter inform their relatives. The relatives can then arrange those items detailed in the approved request and bring them to the prison, together with the permission slip. If the relations live outside of Bangkok and the surrounding areas, the prisoner must follow the same procedure but the items may be sent in a parcel.