1. Lam Phoo Chuen Porn Tra Kun (Ah Phae Bechegu), 29, arrested 22 July 2002,
sentenced 5 March 2003, 33 yrs. 4 m., Budsarakham Block # 5 / Room 3. From
2. Nong Khrang Kavin (Mee Taw Cher Mue), arrested 6 Dec 1998, yaba, death
sentence due to pleading innocence, appeal pending, Phaitun Block # 4 /
Room 6. FromTaw Kaw village, Myanmar, but she has Thai ID. She was arrested
at her shop in Maesai with Mee Yo Mah Yer and Mee Phar Yeh Maw. Her Thai
husband was also arrested. Her young son and daughter are taken care of by
her parents in Myanmar. She has very little news from them and they are
unable to visit her. She studies English.
3. Mee Yo Mah Yer, 28, arrested 6 Dec 1998, yaba, death sentence due to
pleading innocence, appeal pending, Phaitun Block # 4 / Room 3. From Taw Kaw
village, Myanmar. She worked in Mee Taw Cher Mue´s shop in Maesai and was
arrested with her.
4. Mee Phar Yeh Maw, arrested 6 Dec 1998, yaba (22,000), life, Phaitun Block
# 4 / Room 3. From Mitoo, Myanmar. She was arrested with Mee Taw and Mee Yo
who received death sentences, while she pleaded guilty to drugs possession
and so received a life sentence. She is Mee Taw´s cousin.
5. Mai Ta Meh (Ah Ber Cher Mue), 40, arrested 5 Dec 1997, yaba, life,
Budsarakham Block # 5 / Room 3. She is from Myanmar, but she has Thai ID.
6. Ah Mee no sakul (Jar Pheh Dang Che), 42, arrested 8 Nov 1998, yaba
(4,000), 24-yr sentence reduced to 18 yrs by appeal court on 19 Feb 2004,
Phaitun Block # 4. From Myanmar.
7. Mah Kha no sakul (Mah Kha Ah Jaw), 42, arrested 25 Nov 1997 at Maesai,
yaba, life, Block # 5 / Room 2. From Tachileik, Myanmar. She was arrested
with Bu Mue.
8. Bu Mue no sakul (Bu Mue Emily Soe), 53, arrested 25 Nov 1997 at Maesai,
yaba, life sentence received 17 December 1999, appeals ended 9 April 2001,
Block # 5 / Room 3. From Tachileik, Myanmar. She was arrested with Mah Kha.
She understands English very well.
9. Mee Thum (Thoom) Ah Yi, 28, arrested 22 Mar 2000, heroin, 24 yrs 6 m,
Phailin Block # 6 / Room 3. From Mae Suay, Chiangrai. Soon to be transfered
back to Chiangrai Central Prison where her father is also held.
10. Mee Eh Mer Leh, 38, 28 Dec 1998, drugs, life, Block # 5 / Room 3. From
11. Der Ler Jer Taw, arrested 30 Aug 1999, drugs, life. From Mae Fah Luang,
12. Jant Pheng Cher Mi Cha (Ah Der Cher Mue), drugs, 44 yrs., Block # 5 /
Room 3. From Tak Province. She was suffering from stomache pains in March
13. Ah Mee Ah Yaw, 23, arrested 12 Sept 1998, drugs, 25 yrs, Block # 5 /
Room 5. From Ban Ma Khum Pompt, Chiangrai.
14. Rassamee Wannasan (Mee Ju Maw Po Ku), 38, arrested 14 Jan 1999, heroin,
life, Block # 5 / Room 3. From Maesai, Chiangrai. In October 2004 she
graduated in law after completing a course with Sukhothai Thammatirat
University. She studies English.
15. Phatcharee Jant Sa Khrang (Bu Loom Cher Mue), 45, arrested 27 Feb 1997,
yaba, life, Block # 4 / Room 3. From Chiangmai.
16. Sook Som Jant Sook Khar (Ah Mee Mer Leh), 44, arrested 7 Nov 1999, yaba,
33 yrs 4 m, Block # 5 / Room 3. From Bangkok.
17. Som Porn Pitaks Kittichai (Mee Bya Maw Po Gu), 29, arrested 12 Jan 1998,
yaba, life, last appeal ended on 16 Feb. 2004, Budsarakham Block # 5 / Room
3. From Phamee, Chiangrai. Studies English.
18. Ah Myang Paw Leh, 37, arrested 6 June 2001, yaba, 12 yrs, Phei Thai
Block # 3 / Room 8. From Chiang Saen, Chiangrai.
19. Ah Ming Sae Wang, drugs, sentence reduced from life to 30 years on
second appeal 19 July 2004. Phailin Block # 6 / Room 5. From Tachileik,
Myanmar. She was arrested and sentenced based on accusations by two young
brothers, 12 and 14 years old, whose mother she knows. Their families are
very poor and struggle to survive. Her two young sons and two daughters are
now cared for by her relatives who are under extreme pressure to provide for
them. Her husband was arrested in 2003 and is now in Chiangrai Central
20. Am Phai no sakul (Bu Shui), 22, arrested 9 Nov 2000, yaba, life, Phaitun
Block # 4 / Room 3. From Thachileik, Myanmar. Transfered here on 23 July
2003 from Chiangrai Central Prison where she had given birth to a baby, now
taken care of by her mother in Myanmar.
21. Me Nay Ta Kaw, 40, yaba, life. Transfered here from Chiangrai Central
Prison on 23 July 2003.
22. Bu Noom Be Tu, 25, arrested 17 May 2003, yaba (30,000), 40 yrs.
Transfered here recently from Chiangrai Central Prison. She is unable to
appeal her case in the 2nd court, probably due to lack of funds.
23. Wa Ree Law Sa (Ah Nu Law Sa), 38, arrested 27 March 2001, yaba, 56 yrs,
Phaitun Block #4 / Room 3. From Mae Fah Luang, Chiangrai. Transfered in 2004
from Chiangrai Central Prison.
24. Joo Tha Ratt Chuen Viboon Sook, or Ju Lar Lag Chivi Ponsu, (Ah Phoo
Bechegu), New Building.
Lahu Women in Lard Yao Prison (at least 8, one with death sentence)
1. Na Phue no sakul (Na Pher), 35, arrested 16 Dec 1993, 21 yrs 10 m,
Phailin Block # 6 / Room 3. From Mae Sot, Tak.
2. Na Mi Kha Ja Ue, 27, arrested 26 Sept 2001, yaba, 33 yrs 4 m, Red Lahu.
3. Mei no sakul, 30, arrested 22 Oct 1999, yaba (2,960), 30 yrs 8 m, Phaitun
Block # 4 / Rm 7.
4. Na Poh no sakul, 33, arrested 28 July 2000, 25 yrs, Block # 5 / Room 3.
5. Na Heh Phant Sen Kor, 41, arrested 25 Oct 1997 at Fang, life, Red Lahu.
6. Na Oo Pan Bue (Na-U Pun Bui), 41, arrested 4 Sept 2001, heroin (1kg),
death sentence received at Chiangrai Court on 7 Nov 2002.
7. Ju Hmei Sae Jang, 76, heroin, life sentence received at Chiangrai Court,
Block # 5 / Room 3. She is an old lady who claims innocence. She suffers
from gastric problems.
8. Na Seh Ja Khuuh, 50, arrested 27 Sept 2000 at Chiangmai, drugs, life,
Block # 6 / Room 6. She was in Klong Prem prison hospital until early 2004
with gout or swollen legs.
Yao Women in Lard Yao Prison (numbers not yet known)
1. Khet Fei Sae Tein, 32, arrested 23 June 1999 at Klong Lan, yaba (26,000),
life. Her husband, Ton Wang Sae Tein is in Klong Prem Central Prison, same
case. She claims innocence. Her husband also says she is innocent. Her
sister, Farm Fei Sae Jao, takes care of her young son and daughter in Klong
Lan, Kamphaeng Phet Province.
Hmong Women in Lard Yao Prison (reported to be many more than other
1. Kharithar Sae Wang (Khoo), 30, arrested 11 Sept 1998, yaba (9,000), 50
yrs, case ended 5 Sept 2001. From Tak Province. She has a 13-year-old son
who now has nobody to care for him. His father, Khoo´s husband, died when he
was one year old. Khoo herself was raised by foster parents as her father
died before she was born and her mother died when she was only one year old.